Our Immigration Group focuses on U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Law and assists clients located across the U.S. and abroad who are trying to secure nonimmigrant or immigrant visas (green cards). We have extensive experience representing clients from the technology (in particularly IT startups), finance (crowdfunding), service and F&B sectors. We have secured hundreds of temporary and permanent visas on the basis of  investments, employments, talents and family relationships. We help clients navigate through complex procedures before U.S.C.I.S.  (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) and American Embassies and Consulates abroad.

Immigration Options for Investors and Entrepreneurs: EB-5 visas

Congress created the EB-5 immigrant investor category in 1990 with the goal of attracting foreign capital to the U.S. and creating jobs in the process. Through this classification, an alien and his family can gain permanent residence in the U.S. by investing $1 million (although that amount may be $500,000 if the investment is made in a rural or “targeted employment area”) while creating at least 10 full-time jobs. We provide advice on options that are available through the regular and pilot program, issues that arise when forming a new business enterprise, and restructuring or expanding an existing business. While this application must be supported by extensive documentation of the capital investment, the same provides unparalleled benefits such as a fast-track to permanent residence and the ability to avoid quota backlogs and retrogression that are applicable to certain employment-based immigrant classifications.

Immigration Options for Traders and Investors from countries that signed a Treaty of Commerce and Navigation with the US: E-1 and E-2 Visas

Bilateral treaties between the U.S. and certain countries allow nationals of these countries to come to the US to trade (E-1 Visa) or to direct their investment (E-2 Visa). Contrary to the EB-5 that requires an investment of $1million, no fixed amount of capital is required for these visas, and no fixed amount of jobs created. There too, we offer a complete portfolio of services including the preparation of the applications, but also the preparation of business plans, and the incorporation of US business entities required for your project in the U.S..

Transfer of Foreign Employees to the United States: L-1 visas

The L-1 visa can facilitate the transfer of a company’s key employees (executives, managers, and employees with specialized knowledge) to the U.S. Under certain conditions, executives and managers may obtain L-1A visas, while employees with specialized knowledge may obtain L-1B visas. We provide advice regarding the benefits of these two visas, such as the path to the green card, requirements, and procedures relating to L-1 intracompany transferees. Also, we can assist clients in moving from L-1B to L-1A.

Immigration options for individuals with extraordinary ability in the area of arts, TV and motion picture, sports, education, business and sciences: O-1 and P visas

Exempted from quotas such as H-1B’s, O Visas offer an attractive solution for those who have gained a national or international reputation in their field of expertise. O-1 visa, by its nature, requires a rigorous representation due to its extensive documentation. We help also athletes and artists who come to the US for a competition, event or show to apply for the P visa.

Immigration options for professionals who come to work temporarily in the United States: H-1B visas

The H-1B visa category has seen major legislative changes in the past twenty years. We provide thorough and most up-to-date information regarding the requirements to obtain this visa and the quota system that applies to this classification. We advise clients with respect to obligations that arise for employers and to issues of maintaining status for employees. Finally, we represent many of our clients during the procedures of change of employer and extension beyond the sixth year.

Immigration Options for Health Care Workers: H-1B, J-1, O-1 Visas and green cards

Health Care Workers, including foreign medical graduates, nurses, and allied health professionals face unique challenges as most health care professions require an occupational license or a health care certification which may take months to secure. We provide practical advice on these procedures, while pursuing a temporary visa like the H-1B. We advise clients with respect to immigrant visa options, including Schedule A occupations, national interest waivers, standard and special handling labor certification applications, petitions for outstanding professors and researchers, and individuals of extraordinary ability. In addition, we secure waivers of the two-year foreign residence requirement attached to many J-1 visas.

All our services in immigration are on a Flat Fee basis. For more information or to schedule an appointment, with our Head of Immigration, please call 646-502-7001 or email us at Our first consultation is $195.

This post is also available in: French, Spanish, Hebrew