JSBarkats Mergers and Acquisitions Practice Group assists clients in structuring, negotiating, documenting and closing transactions involving mergers, stock or asset acquisitions and dispositions, recapitalizations and reorganizations of public and private companies, in both domestic and cross-border transactions, roll-ups, going private, tender offers and proxy contests, as well as Hart-Scott-Rodino (HSR) and Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS) compliance.
Our mergers and acquisitions work often involves lawyers from several practice groups, including tax, securities, antitrust, intellectual property, labor and employment and finance. Throughout each of our practice groups our approach remains consistent. We address every transaction in an efficient and cost effective manner, based on our Flat Fee system, always keeping in mind our clients’ needs and the unique legal and business requirements presented by each transaction.
We strive to add value on every engagement!
We have substantial experience handling the following kinds of matters:
- Acquisitions and Dispositions of Business Assets including Operating Divisions
- Stock Purchase and Sales
- Cash Tender Offers and Exchange Offers
- Going-Private Transactions
- Spinoffs and Roll-Ups
- Cross-Border Acquisitions
- Proxy Contests for Corporate Control
Conducting Due Diligence
- General Legal Due Diligence
- Special Diligence and Analysis of Technology Rights and Other Key Assets
- Assessment of Pending Litigation
- Assessment of Political and Governmental Issues
Counseling Boards of Directors and Other Parties
- Fiduciary Duties of Board Members
- Independent Board Committee Representations
- “Poison Pills” and Other Defensive Measures /Golden Parachutes/ Fairness Opinions
All our services are on a Flat Fee basis
For more information please call 646-502-7001 or email us at info@JSBarkats.com